Join in and discuss all the weekend action from Chicagoland Speedway(Joliet,IL) . Robby Gordon will be running the Jim Beam Red Stag/Kid Rock Toyota. On track action begins on Thursday, July 9th , with practice running from 5:00-6:30pm/et, live on SPEED. Qualifying is on Thursday, July 9th , at 8:40 pm/et also live on SPEED. There are two practice sessions on Friday, July 10th,from 5:00-5:45pm/et and from 6:20-7:20pm/et , both live on SPEED. Raceday coverage begins on Saturday night, July 11th, at 6:30pm/et, live on TNT,with the green flag scheduled to drop at 8:16pm/et.

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can you give me weather updates? I am not going to bother driving from Naperville to Joliet this afternoon if everything is a washout...
Matt, don't forget Robby's doing a JB appearance tonight @ Hero's West. If the rain puts a damper on racing activities, you'll def find us there. The bad news is the parking lot behind Rob's trailer is either preferred or handicapped now, so no tailgate there : (
Sounds good, Ill keep my eye out here for your weather updates. If you do text messages, I believe I sent you my number a few weeks ago.
Spark plugs, plug wires, and distributor before the ignition boxe(s) - I'm guessing they tried swapping ignition boxes already, because they can do that just by flipping a switch.
When they run it in the next practice and if they still cant find the problem I guess they would go to the back up car to run some laps on that and get it driving well ? Startig at the back anyway so nothing to lose.
doesnt work that way , Zippy. You cant just go to backup cars at will.
PUT IN TO THE WALL DURING PRACTICE, INSISTENT BACK UP CAR .
Yeah I thought that was the case TOG but there has to be a way to ' engineer ' a reason to go to a back up.
i have a feeling that they have corrected the mis-fire issues and he wont have those problems this evening.
Thinking about this again...

These guys aren't dumb, so they probably had good reason to suspect the carb in the first place, and that's why they tried changing it twice. So that makes me think it's fuel related. Water in the gas? Fuel pump flakey? A kinked fuel line? Something along those lines, I'm gonna bet.
I'll bet you're right. If it were electrical it would misfire all the time and make it a little easier to find. Fuel problems only misfire under load. Do these guys use o'scopes to look at the ignition systems?
Joliet weather radar looks crappy. At least we have some time for it to clear before practice. However, the Weather Service Hazardous Forecast doesn't support this hope. They are predicting rain, thunder and wind into tonight.

If any one is interested, here is a link to the NOAA site. For a full screen radar picture click on the Radar picture in the lower right

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Joliet&state=...

Hopefully, they can fix the problem in the garage.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service