Robby Gordon Phoenix Preview

Charlotte, NC (April 16, 2009) – The No. 7 Toyota Camry will display the familiar yellow and blue MAPEI / Menards colors for the first time this season at Phoenix International Raceway. Saturday’s Subway Fresh Fit 500 will mark Gordon’s 14th start at the ultra-fast mile oval. He owns two top-10 finishes in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and also has one win in the CART Series at PIR.

Thoughts on Phoenix – “We are looking forward to Phoenix. We will be racing Chassis 208, which has been good to us. Having last weekend off has allowed our team to spend some additional time preparing for this weekend’s race, which is beneficial for our team. Kirk Almquist, our crew chief, has a few packages pre-fit, so we will be trying several different ideas during Friday’s two practice sessions. Phoenix has been good to me in the past; I won my first CART car race here in 1995, so I am always excited about racing at PIR.”

“We are also excited to have MAPEI return as a primary sponsor for Robby Gordon Motorsports this year. We expect good things from this car and our team for their 2009 debut this weekend,” commented Robby Gordon.

About MAPEI - MAPEI has been supplying systems for tile and stone installation, floor-covering installation, decorative concrete and concrete restoration for over 70 years. With more than 50,000 customers worldwide and 54 associated manufacturing plants operating in 24 countries, MAPEI is a single-source supplier of flooring installation systems for residential and commercial projects. MAPEI is a registered provider to the AIA/CES program and also offers training related to ceramic and stone tile, floor coverings and concrete repair through the MAPEI Technical Institute. MAPEI is an environmentally conscious manufacturer. Visit our Website at www.mapei.com for technical data or call 1-800-US-MAPEI (1-800-876-2734) for the nearest location.

TV and Radio Times – Live television coverage of the event will begin at 8:00 p.m. EST on FOX on Saturday. MRN and SIRIUS Satellite Radio will provide live radio coverage of the event also beginning at 8:00 p.m. EST. Qualifying for Saturday’s event will be broadcast on SPEED on Friday, April 17 at 7:00 p.m. EST.

NOTES

Career

· Gordon owns three NASCAR Sprint Cup victories:

· Loudon on Nov. 23, 2001

· Infineon on June 22, 2003

· Watkins Glen on Aug. 10, 2003

· Gordon owns one NASCAR Nationwide Series victory

· Richmond on Sept. 10, 2004

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good stuff.

I guess this means we will not be seeing a new gen car at Phoenix. With Talledega coming up, the team should have the ability to at least build one more new car before the 600, assuming taking a Red Bull car to the door of the primary plate car didnt cause too much damage...
they updated all the chassis to new gen specs.
So it's an NOS (new old stock) COT?
Hopefully the old chassis will be just as workable, with the new specs. That Tx ride was pretty close to that "thing of beauty" we've been waiting to see...well the chassis anyway
you got it !
I'm coining that one TOG, thats all mine...but you can use it buddy

ooh,& NOScar

I'm a lil bored, what can I say?
Yeah, they probably use that in the KY Busch camp when he drives the NOS energy drink car.
Glad to see Mapei sponsoring again.
I don't know if it helps their decision, but I always try to hit sponsor websites during the race. Don't know if they track that sort of thing, but can't hurt to think the NASCAR advertising and sponsoring Robby works.
Car looks cool. The chassis was primary and new for the Fall 2007 Phoenix race but Robby walled it in practice and they went to a backup. From the prerace report, it looks like they have had some success with the car in 2008 but RGM stopped giving us chassis details after 2007.
I don't see Robby in the Friday night race, I thought he ran support races?
sorry dude, only a few nationwide races a year, and this isn't one of them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service