With the 2014 Dakar Rally beginning in less than 45 days, here is a brief F.A.Q.

1. Is Robby Gordon racing in the 2014 Dakar Rally? YES!
  2. What is the car number? 305
  3. What is he driving? A new design - called the HST
  4. Who is the navigator? Kellon Walch
  5. Is there going to be a 2nd car? No
  6. How come we haven't seen pictures of the car yet? It's still being built
  7. When will we see the car? Mid December
  8. Will the race be televised? Yes. NBC Sports Network TAPE DELAY recap show.
  9. How can we follow the rally? You're already at the right place.
  10. When does the rally begin? Stage 1 begins on Jan 5th.

Views: 54056

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did they do a pre-inspect by the DAKAR officials like they did last year...

yup. FIA certified.

Still has to go through Scrutineering in Argentina, as does everyone else.

Great job in the suspense department. Just the lead up great. Everyone has their own opinion of what it will be and look like. The main thing to remember is we want to go fast and win. Knowing Robby he is set on the same goal. Gas On.

I heard those officials have yet to return to their HQ's...

Dutch trucks have been sent home at scrutineering in the past AFTER pre-checks.
It's still a French rally.

New sneak peek picture coming out real soon

George Washington: Men, we will be home for Christma......we'll see this thing through to the end and before long with the rising of a promising sun a delivery of........alright listen...just stick it out, it will be over before you know it.
Patriotic soldier: When is that?
George Washington: Real soon.

Let's not be talking trash about George. Just finished the book 'George Washington's Secret Six'. Amazing portrait of spying by the Continental Army on the British during the Revolutionary War. A great read. I learned stuff they never taught in school, and I went thru in the 50s and 60. It all took place in your neck of the wood Michael.

In the chapter of Carroll O'Conners' biography were he speaks of the "teaching proffesion...and teaching at this very moment. He was a teacher for a good spell. Great read, recomend it to anyone who wants to get that special someone that special something thing that will take them somewhere special. ...But just picture it man, just picture it. Men with no shoes eating burned corn cobs (which is not far off for many of us you know)sporting nothing more than tatered wearings, faithful to the worlds bitter end to their trusted and sometime questioned but never waivering leader whereupon a morale building speach............well. Look at the dollar bill and you will see a man ...looking at a Buggly.

Michael,

What the hell are you talking about I don't often try to figure out your mental juices, but frankly, I really don't get them now. GW was an awesome man. WTH are you trying to say?

And what the hell does Carroll O'Conner have to do with anything?

Michael the Metaphorist. You never fail to make me smile, Mr. Martinez.

A claim was made that you learned things about Washington from a book you are reading that were not taught in school. By happenstance parallel reflections were being observed by Mr. O'Connner in the pages I read just pryor to reading your post about...........Hey I'm not trying to get a dig on George Washington at all man. It was nothing you'll understand i'm sure real soon.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service