Could someone please explain to me why so few drivers/riders from the USA enter the Dakar. It has been this way for all the years I have followed it (5 years). For 2010 only 3 bike, 0 quad, 2 car and 1 truck. Economy is bad I know, but it has not been like this for 5 years in a row. That and it's being held in the Americas, so I would have thought more would enter. I have ran this around in my head for some time, but still cannot come up with solid answer. Your thoughts??

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know he does EVERYTHING for RGM during the nascar season. Hotels, rentals...everything.
I immagine it's the same for Baja,& Dakar. Our boy has some slight control issues
Hmmm, that's what if figured. So yes, Logistics would be insane!!!
Agreed, Robby just doesn't see it that way though. Also the flip side of that coin may be why he's been able to stay afloat so long. If he wasn't wearing so many hats, there'd be a lot more salary going out. Pretty much everybody he hires does the same hat dance. No mistaking it though, Robby is in charge of everything.
I think many of the best of the US bike racers have deals with the factorys, however the way the factorys devide up their advertizing budgets, the North American budgets stay in NA. With a sponser like Monster, which is making a huge push in the SA market, big talent like RG can get the $$$ to make a serious run.
One thing you guys are missing???

NOBODY in the rest of the World outside of the USA knows who Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr are.

However, Millions know who Robby is.

TRUTH Many remember him from CART.
That's what I'm saying, more people know Robby than people think. Trust me people who follow Dakar know who Robby is and many OWR fans know who he is, and even US OWR is followed some overseas and cart was pretty big across the pond. I do think that if Rob wins this than Dakar will become more of a main stay in the US, not huge, but more attention.
More attention is exactly what it will take to get more of the American sponsers to put up the money to get more of our racers entered.
I am very thankful that GM (Hummer) kept their sponsorship commitments! Early 2009, GM was talking of closing the Hummer line altogether.
I think this has a great opportunity to become a great feel-good story to start 2010.
The local tv stations would give updates if they believed their was a large enough viewing audience! Email your local markets to request updates about the Dakar race and how the American driver Robby Gordon and American made Hummer is performing!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service