Jan 12th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 11 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 4th in stage 10 & is now down over 19 minutes in the overall standings. Cars begin stage 11 at 7:44am/et (9:44am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: Arica > Arequipa

Connection 120km | Special Stage 478km | Total 598km

COURSE OVERVIEW

For the Dakar's first day in their country, Peruvians will be entitled to two special stages and additional kilometres for the motorcyclists. After a day spent switching between off-piste sections and areas interspersed with rivers, they will benefit from a moment of camaraderie?: a specific bivouac will be set up for them before they continue exploring Peru. The concept, which had not been tried out again since the camp of Foum Zguid in Morocco during the 2007 Dakar, will also create a major obstacle which will affect the management of the race. The assistance vehicles will not be authorized in the maintenance area, where only the motorcyclists and quad riders will be able to help each other.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 16191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not at all. Shoot for the podium in the overall.

Well obviously that will be the goal but my statement stands.

I'll bet you a nickel Robby says otherwise in his post-stage comments.

Well actually the goal should be to finish close enough to peckerhansel tomorrow that he will be able to take him out on the day after which will then give him a podium spot for sure.

It is not the interview that will state his true feelings I am sure.
Only bits and pieces.

If we could only be a fly on the wall.

Easy now, lets not take him out. Lets just give him a nudge toward a ditch of his own.

Was being easy when he ended up in the ditch himself.

I say let Roma win it if possible.

Only need to make up an hour on DeVillars to get on the podium.

lost more time 1:50:40 @ finish

Tough stage. Looking forward to hearing what the problems were. There's some big dunes in upcoming segments, so it'd be good to have the Hummer running solid for those.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service