Jan 15th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 10 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 10 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. After a broken radiator ruined a top 5 finish in stage 9, Gordon looks to rebound and will be the 17th car off the line. Robby Gordon will begin stage 9 at 7:53am/et.

2014 Stage 9 Photos

STAGE 10 TRACKING

STAGE 10: IQUIQUE > ANTOFAGASTA

Connection 58km | Special Stage 631km | Total 689km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The special stage, split into two sections with very different features, will begin with the descent towards the shores of the Pacific. The advance gained in the stage the day before may will be increased in the sand during the first two hundred kilometres. Even more skill will be required to tackle the sections of fesh-fesh in the second part of the stage. Once this difficult area is behind the drivers, they will all be delighted to twist and wind along the region’s mine tracks, and in particular to be welcomed by the majestic arch of La Portuda, a stone’s throw from the bivouac in Antofagasta.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 29313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thomas on the netherlands tracking page the wp over each columb wp1 wp2 ect. click on the wp at the top of the columb

With so much of the Dakar run on WRC type roads, Robby saw that the long wheelbase could not win the overall. Sure could win dune stages, but that's not enough. The Minis have found a great balance of weight, wheelbase and traction that works well in all terrain. The buggies, and I count the HST as a buggy, have potential, but need more development. Can they beat the Minis? ! We don't know yet, but we should know in another couple of years.

RG has a laundry list of changes/modifications, etc. that he will do once he gets the HST back to NC.

muy cierto TOG, gracias por todo lo que estas haciendo que este medio de comunicación funcione, GRAN TRABAJO TOG, lima,Peru

en conclusión, un Buggy no se adapta la los terreno tipo WRC, pero en las dunas deberían de desarrollar mayores velocidades, ahora tendríamos que traer algo de la tecnología de los minis para poder hacerle frente a la Escuderia X-raid

take the 4x4 out of a mini and they are crap. quitale el 4x4 a un mini y se convierte en porqueria. eso es todo.

I agree with the switch to HST. I wonder how much wt transfer changed by adding frt radiator. Also possible to run rear radiator & smaller front. That looked awful big. Airflow direction & rear air ducting could change a lot. He knows what to do for next year by now. He just needs to do the best he can for what is left of this year.

Stage 10 Top 5 at KM145 of 631 (WP5)

1) Peterhansel
2) Al-Attiyah +1s
3) Sainz +3m53s
4) Roma +7m33s
5) Chabot + 18m25s

21) GORDON +1h1m

I just looked the video and looks very unstable, hard to control, light truck.

I dont think ASO is thrilled with this mini show. They need a better balance, they'll look at rules I'm sure before next year

fastest about 20 min for next section again

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service