Matt Crafton will practice and qualify the Mapei/Menards #7 on Friday at Homestead, while Robby Gordon runs in the Baja 1000. Robby should make it back in time for Saturday practice and will also drive in the race on Sunday. Crafton has filled in for Robby before , at Dover in 2008.

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would think Mike Skinner would be a better choice if he would do it.
First off Mike Skinner might not want too, or might be to much money. Typically a driver gets a set pay if he practices a car for someone and then if he qualifies that might be an extra amount and so on. Also you will see teams pick a driver that might be around the same build and size as the primary driver. This way they can do minor adjustments to the seat, by using a seat insert.

I know this as this years ARCA Champ was called and asked to be a fill in for Matt Kensith at the Memphis NW race this year. He was scheduled to practice the car and if Matt was not able to make the start of the race he was going to drive. So his pay was a set amount for practicing the car and then if he would have had to race the car, he would have got a percentage of Matt's drivers pay and would have got Matt's percentage of the winnings. There is a general scale the teams use and Roush is one of the lowest on this pay scale.
Thanks for the inside dope. I think Skinner and Robby are about the same size. I don't know much about Crafton.
I was kinda hoping to see Jeremy Mayfield in the 7, lol. :)
good weekend to have the Robbygordonoffroad of the car...or Freightliner.
Mapei is footing the bill this weekend
cool i like their stuff,

I used some Mapei Morter recently on a tile job......All thanks to RG
I don't think Matt can do much to help Robby except shake down the car and keep it off the wall. Let's just hope he does that much. Bobby, Gilliland, Kvapil and even Stremme have a ride this weekend or else I would have hoped that one of them could practice and qualify the car. Yes, I know the history between these 2 at Pocono, but it still would be better to have someone with COT experience that could offer some feeback.
all of this doesn't matter Robby will finish under 20th place anyway
maybe RG said "FK it, Matt do what you can do, this year is shot anyhow"
a Daytona 500 victory alone should attract some good sponsor $$
Shot, as is No better, no worse. Im glad he stayed in to 35. and I, like others are quietly waitig for next season , and better results, as i would assume all RGM is waiting too.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service