Thursday is media day from Daytona & NASCAR.COM will have a live stream of the interviews from the select drivers.Robby Gordon will be making some of his 2011 Nascar plans known & we will have a slew of images & other info from the weeks leading up to this point.Robby will go on sometime around 9:00am.

The rest is From Nascar.com:

The 2011 NASCAR season goes green Thursday at Daytona International Speedway with Media Day.

Watch your favorite drivers live on NASCAR.COM right here: MEDIA DAY LIVE LINK

Here's who to watch for in the morning and afternoon:

A.M. Session from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. ET: Justin Allgaier, Trevor Bayne, Greg Biffle, Todd Bodine, Ricky Carmichael, Kevin Conway, Austin Dillon, Robby Gordon, Ron Hornaday Jr., Jimmie Johnson, Brad Keselowski, Bobby Labonte,Jason Leffler, Joey Logano, Jamie McMurray, Mark Martin, Paul Menard, Juan Pablo Montoya, Joe Nemechek, Danica Patrick, Nelson Piquet Jr., Regan Smith, Ryan Truex, J.J. Yeley.

P.M. Session from 12:30- 4 p.m. ET: AJ Allmendinger, Marcos Ambrose, Dave Blaney, Clint Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Jeff Burton, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Carl Edwards, David Gilliland, Jeff Gordon, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth, Travis Kvapil, Casey Mears, Ryan Newman, David Ragan, David Reutimann, Tony Stewart, Martin Truex Jr., Brian Vickers, Michael Waltrip

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I liked that interview. Liked the Dale stories and also some great info there with upcoming sponsors. Laughed at the Danica question at the end.
Just a thought, how about Jim Beam comming back for the first 5 races-- Beam & Speed--sure sounds good to me also would look good in blank space on side of car and hood.......
what blank space on hood ?
I think they meant in their head! just kidding
All the blank space around the SPEED ENERGY logo. Me thinks Robby needs "Wonder Bread" circles on hood around main logo w/diff sponsors in em. Hey,do ya think they could sell the tear-off tabs & rear spoiler braces to a sponsor as well? Prolly fit some kinda lil sticker on em...
Part of the SpeedwayMedia.com interview;

"We’re (SPEED Energy) selling product and that’s a good thing. We’re gaining more distribution on a daily basis and we’re kind of controlling our own destiny. Our program is different with sponsors than it was before. We’re really not selling sponsors, we’re selling, ‘Hey, the spots next to Red Bull and Monster. Those are the spots that I want on your shelf and I’ll give you Daytona.’ So we’ve been able to do deals with GNC. We’ve done deals with Basha’s. We’ve signed up multiple, multiple Budweiser distribution deals. Our product is just starting to roll again. We control our own destiny. I am the driver. I am the owner, kind of the sponsor, except for our sponsorship with Dodge. We can be as creative as we want to do.”

So it looks as if the blank spots on the side of the car that everyone seems so interested in will be for companies that partner and distribute Speed Energy. Example was the Bud Light logo on the TT at Parker.
Clever - trade shelf space for your name on the car. I like it!
Actually with the big teams who's owners are in bigger business outside of NASCAR. This is "standard operating procedure" I learned this a few years back that most big players in NASCAR own huge businesses outside of NASCAR. Hendrick sells cars. Roush owns all sorts businesses in the automotive and airplane industry, Penske owns a bit of everything. Chip Ganassi is the largest or one of the largest private stock holders in Target. So do you think he will lose that sponsorship?

What happened is these teams use their big businesses to bring the sponsors to their cars. But not all sponsors are what they seem. For example Penske's Shell NASCAR deal is a drop in the bucket compared to the bigger deal Penske made with Shell/Pennzoil for all his rental and lease dealerships. Same with the Discount/Americas Tire sponsorship on the Nationwide cars. These sponsors are not on his cars because it is strictly a NASCAR thing. Penske does business with them in his other ventures and they in turn get put on is NASCAR teams. Now not all sponsorships are run this way. But you would be surprised how many are. Hendrick Auto Group uses Quaker State oil at their dealerships (Except for when a car recommends a specific brand like Corvette recommends Mobil 1) Notice how the Target car and Target commercials are always advertising the brands they sell? Those are deals Target makes with those vendors, and those vendors are the ones picking up a large part of the tab for the commercials and sponsorships on the Ganassi NASCAR and Indy cars.
Along the same theme, ever wonder why the same teams go to GoodYear tire tests.Maybe it's becouse those teams sale more GoodYear tires? Example how many tires does Penske,Hendrick,Ford sale vs Childress,Ganassi,Petty?
@ Mike/WC77 Really throw me under bus Joliet style, just saying, also think DODGE will be there, don't quite like adverse --- you know what I mean...............
Loved the Jimmy Spencer reference. Spence will have fun with that.
@ TOG above the D in speed, lots of room for Jim Beam decal, thinking out loud again

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service