I was playing the DIRT 2 demo today and was thinking...

Has Robby ever thought about offering Travis Pastrana a ride in one of his Hummer's?

Travis Pastrana has TONS of sponsors (Red Bull could be a big issue, but is Monster leaving?).

Travis Pastrana also has TONS of fans, and can bring in a lot of exposure for RGM.

He is also American, and has some off-road experience.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the VW Tourag's are in DIRT 2 actually.

If (and only if) Monster left RGM, I don't see why it would be an issue.

I don't think Travis wads up most of his cars, he has tore up the American Rally Series...that said not sure why he hasn't explored into the WRC.

This deal would be mostly about money, and it would bring RGM a bunch of it.
Wads up everything? Really? As of today he clinched his fouth North American Rally championship. Most of which take place over three days. Im just saying. Plus it is a will know fact that RGM would like to have up to 4 Hummers next year at the DAKAR.
Hey fan, just wanted to give you a lil heads up there. Red Bull didn't move on from RGOR. Robby left them for Monster. Also when it comes to the talent behind the wheel of the Vanguard H3, it's not Robby's decision. It's part of the contract Bailey has with RGOR. He gets to choose who the driver is, when his sponsorship is on the H3 for the remainder of his cotract. BJ was ready, willing, & able...maybe even packed for South America when the call came down that Eric would be driving. Onto Travis, too many sponsor clashes, won't happen. Allthough I agree he deserves a shot & RB should give him one, alongside Mark in the 2nd VW for B1K.
How about last years SCORE champ? He drove the hell out of the Hummer in Europe but would his SCORE General Tire sponsorship be an issue I wonder? Mechanical issues are keeping him from repeating and getting a 3rd championship this year but you can't deny BJ Baldwin is very talented. And YES, I am biased and I freely admit it.
I dont think anybody has denied Baldwins talents.
Yeah that guy is cool and everything, but he does wad cars pretty bad. He destroyed Alan Pflueger's Protruck 3 or 4 years back and last I heard, he had never payed for any of it (much to the disliking of Pflueger's people). He also rolled that HMS class 1 car in the thousand a few years ago; burnt that thing to the ground. Anyway, the guy has some talent but maybe not the reliability needed for a Dakar drive. He should just stick to quadruple back-flipping flaming dirt bikes over the Grand Canyon. Plus why compromise the Monster sponsorship?
Fab shop says Hell No
His old boss, and probably his only boss, is still shaking his head- DeCoster say's Hell NO!
Wont happen. Clash of Sponsorships (Tires, Energy, Manufacture etc etc). I think Robby should do the 1000 with Tony Stewart. I think that would be one hell of a combo. Beings Robbys off road program is Chevy Tony could do it.
That would be sick! I'd love to see Smoke give it a go at someplace like Crandon. If he can rock a PRO2 (prolly like a duck to water), than go for PRIMM, & be in shape for B1K.
Yeah lets stick a guy with no off road experience in the most demanding off road race on the planet. That would be super awesome!
David, if thats in response to my post, you may wanna go back & read mine again. I'd suggest left to right, top to bottom in it's entirety this time. I actualy made NO mention of Dakar...which would be "the most demanding off road race on the planet" correct? I did mention Tony in a PRO2 perhaps @ Crandon, & PRIMM. Depending on the resuts of those, MAYBE Baja 1000.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service