I know everybody's in Nascar mode now, but the current issue of Racer magazine has printed a four page article on the Dakar Rally. For members who don't get the magazine, I thought you might be interested in what it said about Robby. There are two photos of the Hummer along with this about Robby: "X-Raid BMW also faded after leading early, leaving another renowned all-'rounder, Robby Gordon, to take the fight to VW. Gordon placed third overall aboard his Team Dakar USA Hummer, about two hours behind at the finish, although he was confident he could have challenged the Touaregs with a little better luck. "Looking back on the raid, I know we could have won," he says. "We had four flat tires during this Dakar; next year, we must make sure we don't get flats!" While the Hummer H3'sof Gordon and his teammate Eric Vigoroux (who placed a credible 13th overall in his first Dakar run) no longer enjoy overt factory support from GM, his Monster Energy Drink-backed program was no lightweight, and illustrated the magnitude of resources required for the job. Team Dakar USA's support vehicles consisted of a Mercedes Benz 6x6, Mercedes 4x4, MAN 4x4 race truck and two Hummer H1s. A third race vehicle was entered in the truck class to provide assistance to Gordon and Vigoroux." I like the term "renowned all-'rounder!"

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Coo. thanks for the heads up.
Great find! Thanks for posting it.
Thanks for posting. Always looking to see what people are saying about RG.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service