Nascar.com is reporting that Robby has decided not to run next weekend at New Hampshire because of lack of sponsorship. Robby Gordon Motorsports will be running a car with P.J. Jones only. Is this true!

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And arent a number of the big time sponsors wanting to cut back next year?
NASCAR has sucked up too many sponsors with their Official "total crap" of NASCAR campaign. They have taken and turned away way too much money. Just because a product may compete with a "official" sponsor should be no reason for race teams to have to turn away money. It's total bull shit, NASCAR is working against the teams in this regard.
RG is now 32nd it owner points and is not fully funded. There are cars just spots ahead of RG who are with big time teams, with full time sponsors and way more resources than RG. Just think what RG could do with the money some of those teams ahead of him are getting. They have everything they need but cant do much better because the driver sucks. RGM doesn't have that problem cause RG is a great driver. Just a matter of time still some of those drivers lose those sponsors!
Nena, you are exactly right, right behind what amounts to a Hendrick car and a fully funded Penske car with a fraction of the resources and missed a race.

matt
I read somewhere that Dale Jr. has over 500 people helping him win a race. Imagine if all that was at Robby's disposal. He'd be too big for Nascar.
Too bad one of them doesn't drive the car, then they might win ;)
I blame a lot of this on the networks. TOG said a sponsor has to put up seven figures for what? No TV time on a national telecast unless you are a big name or up front. Only local exposure if you don't make it on TV. What is the market in the northeast for RG's sponsors? They need to do a through the feed every once in a while where they name the sponsor.

They used to say a moving billboard. That is only true for Lowes, Dupont, Nat Guard. No matter where they are they get the TV time. I bet the sponsor has to pay the network to get mentioned on TV.

For their own sake, NASCAR and TV need to help the teams land sponsors.
Very fair point.

Somehow I sorta remember it being like that long ago? Or at least mentioning all the other teams throughout the race....
At this point a NASCAR sponsorship is for the most part just a endorsement type deal. No different than getting a basketball player or actor to endorse your product or brand. Sponsors have to purchase that 'asset' (car, driver, team) and then utilize it in their own advertising. Any additional exposure they get from being up front on TV or from interviews are just extra. Fox and TNT seem only to focus on front runners. I've noticed on Nationwide races ESPN seems to make an effort to go down the field from time to time and talk about each driver. The latter gives the sponsors a little bit of exposure and the rookies out of the top 5 or 10 some coverage as well.
Oh well, Monster Jam is Fri. night in WV. can Robby make that?
Not Happy but I'm glad the # 7 Car is going ! Gotta Do Whatca Gotta Do Some Time .
DO we know if it's the 7 or the 07 running as the 7?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service