“We’re going to do everything we can [to race],” Gordon said Friday
at Dover International Speedway. “If I was to miss races, they would be
the weakest races [to get sponsorship] NASCAR has. Our goal is to race,
and that’s what I desire to do. We’re going to continue to do that until
it becomes financially not possible to do that.”

Gordon wouldn’t pinpoint a specific race where he might have to stay home. He said he would not start-and-park.

“We’re still trying to sell races,” Gordon said. “We’re going to run until we can’t run. That’s the best answer I can give.”

Gordon does have commitments for some off-road events. During the race at Pocono in June, Gordon will miss track activity Friday and Saturday so he can run the Baja 500. Michael Waltrip will
practice and qualify the car for him, Gordon said.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Recently_pe...

The end of the world as we know it.... Mikey in Robby's car.

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robbys car chief Jason overstreet worked for Mwr so he knows mikes style.a very easy decision for eg
And the publicity it will bring rg for his Baja deal.don't
think mw wont talk about it. Also it will be a rgm car
thanks for the clarification on the car tog!
Thanks TOG
Just think... Flat Stanley and Carter might be able to borrow some set-ups from Frankie Kerr.

Won't that send chills up Garrett's spine. LOL!
Frankie's not my boy. I don't care if you borrow setups, I'd rather that than running 40th. Why not borrow a setup to start off from each week if its from a team that is better than you? If Chad Knaus was offering setups, all 42 other teams would copy it for sure.
Are you serious? Cahd Knaus is a beast of a CC. Ya, he lives "in between the lines", & looks for every possible advantage he can. Thats his job, & he does it (granted with the best resources) better than everybody else. I give him 80% credit for those 4 championships
mikey brings publicity, which is always good. it will bring even more if robby wins baja while mikey is talking about driving his car every second he is on tv. best available driver (also a marketing machine with connections). good move by robby.
UUUMMM ?
uuummm? I would like to here why this is a bad thing? i am not a mikey fan, but who available would be a better option or bring as much publicity?
maybe now Robby will finally *gasp* be in a commercial!
no reason to be a smarty pants just joking
Dude you dont go 462-0 for business. Love him or hate him MW has a passion for stock car racing. His antics are where a lot of the aforementioned hate comes from tho.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service