“We’re going to do everything we can [to race],” Gordon said Friday
at Dover International Speedway. “If I was to miss races, they would be
the weakest races [to get sponsorship] NASCAR has. Our goal is to race,
and that’s what I desire to do. We’re going to continue to do that until
it becomes financially not possible to do that.”

Gordon wouldn’t pinpoint a specific race where he might have to stay home. He said he would not start-and-park.

“We’re still trying to sell races,” Gordon said. “We’re going to run until we can’t run. That’s the best answer I can give.”

Gordon does have commitments for some off-road events. During the race at Pocono in June, Gordon will miss track activity Friday and Saturday so he can run the Baja 500. Michael Waltrip will
practice and qualify the car for him, Gordon said.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Recently_pe...

The end of the world as we know it.... Mikey in Robby's car.

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DOVER, DEL. – Michael Waltrip Racing announced today Monster Diesel™ will join Martin Truex’s No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota as an associate sponsor beginning at this weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Dover International Speedway.
The Baltimore based company’s logo will adorn the No. 56 car’s B-post for the remainder of the 2010 season and beyond. For the next few races fans will see it on rocker panel as well.
”NASCAR’s fan base is one of our target markets,” said Matt Zuckerman, CEO and president of Monster Diesel. “Michael Waltrip Racing brings solid business-to-business relationships, long-term stability and a commitment to winning that endures itself to Monster Diesel. Martin couldn’t be a better person to represent our company and Michael is one of the most dynamic car owners in the sport. We’re excited about this relationship.” Zuckerman added.
Toyota Chassis? The only thing Toyota by any stretch is under the hood. If you look at Mikeys' last race he was no flying dutchman. don't tell me can drive. If Robby and Mikey have mended fences then so be it. If you think the publicity of Mikey throwing breath around for a few days will last past the time it takes to drive back to N.C. I believe you are mistaken. I won't use the word sellout because let's face facts I see Robby being above that. I recall the statement Robby made about a certain driver not being out on the track next year (that would be this season) and how he was looking forward to it. Mikey Waltrip has smart and influential people who work for him. What he does for "his Company" is play the role of MC and clown, behind the curtain he was asked to get out of the car. I won't go into his personal life and state habits. But in the end people have short memories and a few days of his singing will not amount to a hill of beans. I'll buy the Mr. Overlook aspect, that i'll do. But don't piss down my neck and tell me it's raining, nobody north of New Orleans knows anything about Baja in this country, it's a sad fact. If you were hired to sell the tonic Mikey, go to it, in the end it will do nothing to get RGM chassis sticking to the track any better. Me, i'd call Ken Schrader, blindfold him and he can do more than a sober Mikey. I'm off to work hoping nobody heard about Mikey...not yet anyway, I need to build a defense plan.
Call me crazy but I LOVE IT. There aren't many folks on this site that really care for MW (I never did), but his teams are performing well and any insight and help he can provide could pave the way for a better season for RGM. Not to mention the media coverage that could attract additional sponsorship dollars. PJ, are you kidding me. Do you remeber the last time PJ subbed for RG at Pocono, it was not pretty. MW has a pole and a couple of Top 5's at Pocono and Gilliland is set with FRM so he won't be available. Too bad the Truck series isn't racing at Pocono in June.

Besides, MW has run in the 7 car before and was Jim Smith's driver the year before Robby took over that car so there is some connection there outside of the Toyota camp.
I think Mikey is going to be there and Robby needs a driver nothing more will come of it. However I like most of you wishing the best for RG. After Dover, is clear that team need some direction. That care was slow, 26 laps in goes down a lap. misses pit, cone violation. worse race I seen out of RG in a long time.
something is wrong when they unload friday as bad as they were and are not able to improve at all over the weekend....hopefully they will find it soon...maybe MW will get it for them when he jumps in the car then again maybe not....can't hurt...RG really needs KB ot JJ to get in the 7 for a spin and shake the car down....lol
Keep JJ the F away! After driving Knaus's Caddilacs for so long he'd prolly wreck the 7 in 5 laps. KB on the other hand is a wheelman. He's comfortable driving the car wherever it's most competitive. A lot of drivers attempt the opposite. I'd lovvvvve to see Rowdy's feedback on the 7.
ok how about RG pay Knaus whatever it takes for him to get on top of the pit box for a weekend
i bet jr. is begging for one of those caddilacs...lol

McGrew might be available soon
Jr would turn a caddilac into a clunker, He just don't know what to tell his CC what he needs in a car.
we need Jr. to struggle with a hendrick COT! CRAPCAR won't have any of it and make some changes to the COT might help RG out
Didn't they already do that with the spoiler change...hasn't helped. I still cant wrap my mind around how he can be at the most dominant organization in Nascar, & do jack shit.
Unfortunately, I dont ever see Knaus on top of an RGM box. Likewise KB w/his NOS sponsorship prolly wouldn't be allowed to even shakedown anything with an M-claw on it...even at a tire test.
happens to everybody

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service