#7 Monster Energy Shelby American GT350 Las Vegas 400 (whew)

Pre Race Report

·         The Hangover – Robby Gordon Motorsports regroups from a disappointing 34th place finish at Fontana last week and looks ahead towards a stronger outing in the Las Vegas desert on Sunday. Monster Energy is back on the RGM #7 Camry as the primary sponsor for the event. “Just like the hit Las Vegas movie, ‘The Hangover’, we’re hoping to find our bro the winning mojo and give him a big bro hug” noted Gordon.  

·         Watt Happened? – RGM announced today that Iain “we hardly knew ya” Watt is out as crew chief for the # 7 Toyota and has been replaced by veteran crew chief and presidential kin, Larry Carter. Gordon announced that Watt will stay on to manage the team’s engineering efforts. Carter has cut his NASCAR teeth with multiple winning teams, including Penske, Roush, and most recently, served as crew chief for Paul Menard. It is also rumored that Larry is a second cousin thrice removed from former president Jimmy “I’ve committed adultery in my heart” Carter.

·         Apolo Ohno to join RGM? – America’s newest heart-throb and short-track speed skating sensation Apolo Ohno has expressed interest in driving for NASCAR sometime in the future. “Short-track racing is a lot like racing at Martinsville – there are is a lot of bumping and banging, the turns are tight and flat and the officials are always looking for illegal moves.” Noted NASCAR expert Yoko Ono was unavailable for comment.

Robby Gordon quotes: “I’m excited about our chances in Las Vegas this weekend, especially since we’ve done well here in the past. I’m also glad to have Larry on the box helping with chassis adjustments and race-day strategy. He’s a great addition to our team and even better – I can understand his accent.”

Larry Carter quotes: “I’m very pleased to serve as Robby’s new crew chief. Lucky for me, Iain Watt had such neat handwriting…all of his notes are very legible, although I’m not sure why he dotted all his “I’s” with a heart. At any rate, we’re prepared to call a good race, give RG great pit stops, and keep the shinny side facing up.” (Editor’s Note: due to laziness, this is the same quote from Iain Watt’s Daytona pre race report. I figured it was still appropriate.)

Editor’s Note: In a new tradition starting with the Daytona 500, I’m pleased to feature another Monster Girl for the enjoyment of all RGM fans. Today’s offering is the lovely Teresa Garcia. I’m sure you’ll agree, there will be no chassis adjustments necessary for this stop.

p.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now I could think of adjustments I'd like to give her
another great one from Slider tho its hard to keep my place I kept getting distracted
nice report slider...keep them coming!
1st practice underway
harvick slaps the wall hard
You're featuring a scantily clad chick for the enjoyment of all RGM fans?

Guess you don't realize we are not all guys......
Sorry dude, your fantasies are not my reality.
I like where you are going with this
you are right SG...good catch. Sadly, Monster doesn't have a Monster Guy section in their website.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service