TORC series racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway Dirt Track this off weekend. Will the Speed Energy Pro 2 be there?

So this weekend is the first ever short course off road race at Charlotte Motor Speedways dirt track. Many of the big names form the Lucus Oil Off Road Series on the West coast are coming out to race with TORC as this race will be huge.

I have heard nothing regarding Robby racing his Pro 2, but being that this is a off weekend for NASCAR will Robby be there? Why would he not be? Why have we not heard a PR if Robby will be there? The track is 20 min for RGM, RG needs to race this race this weekend!

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shane Hmiel did an interview on Moody's show on sirius nascar. He said he was going to be the Grand Marshall and he said Robby Gordon was going to be there. Doesn't mean he is racing, but Shane Hmiel sounded excited that Rob was gonna be there.
For those of you out there in Charlotte that have not witnessed this sort of big time off road racing, this is a must see live...I promise, you will have goose bumps when the green flag drops on the pro-2's and pro-4's. Then you guys and gals out there will know why us leftcoasters are so passionate about off road racing. Just picture, Nascar, meets Formula-1, meets NASA, meets both road courses, and wrap it all up in a truck deisgn, and throw in 900hp, and oh yeah, some deep holes and huge jumps! A must see! Once it gets in your system, it never leaves! Enjoy all!
And one right coaster lol I promise you guys wont be disappointed . Ive been to Crandon and they even made a swing up here to NY @ Unadilla once . When you see a short course race i know youll all wonder why you even bother with nascrap . Hell one of the reasons i wanna move to NV is so i can be closer to the off road world . AS THEY SAY THEYLL SELL YOU THE WHOLE SEAT BUT YOULL ONLY NEED THE EDGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone have an entry list yet?
For NASCAR? TORC? The TORC website has a list of some of the drivers, but it doesnt give an entry list.
TORC doesn't appear to publish an entry list.http://www.torcseries.com/
Hopefully Robby bought the drive tran pieces need'd to update the Pro-2.
Robby isn't running his pro-2 this weekend. Shop guys are hard at work building the new NW car & CUP road car , plus getting the brickyard stuff ready. With testing the new cars looming in the not so distant future, time is critical.
I figured as much with no press release on here or Speed energy yet, and the fact the banner had not been change from NASCAR. Bummer being that the race is in his NC backyard. TOG are you able to give any info as to why this was scrapped? IMO this might have been a great time to promote Speed Energy and maybe do an open house at the RGM shop for the off-road fans. Sort of like what Roush Performance is doing.
1) SMI racetrack...He cant promote the way he wants

2) As stated above..
Maybe Mr Smith needs to be reminded just who exactly puts $ in his his bank acct . ITS US THE FANS ! And that includes us Planeteers . Maybe next time there is an oh so precious cup race there we need to boycott going to it .
I'm guessing we've already begun,based on attendance numbers (see other tread)
I'm curious how RG would promote Speed vs the other energy drink teams at this short course race? Because I will assume the others will do business as usual, like they do at the other events. They will have hero cards, hand drinks out and have the girls walk around giving out stickers and just getting attention. Now if a team wants to set up a booth to sell food or souvenirs, I would assume a vendors permit would be needed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service